When we were kids we rarely visit the doctors. After all, my Granda’s pharmacy was just outside the back door in her garden. As the old saying goes Grandma knows best. The pharmacies are available to us all the time, but sometimes we are preferring the natural ways of healing and cures that our Grandma was using.
St. John’s Wort is used for treating the anxiety and stress for years. This herb is releasing serotonin naturally and has an effect on the mood stabilizing and can be found in most of the health food and drug stores.
When it comes to herbal remedies, here are five herbs for fighting the stress:
- L-Theanine is used for its anti-anxiety and relaxing effects and is the main amino acid in green tea.
- Ashwagandha or Winter Cherry is an Indian herb that is reducing all the increased levels of corticosterone, blood lactic acid, and blood urea nitrogen.
- Rhodiola is helping the body to increase its resistance to the damages from the stressors, then increase the work capacity, decrease fatigue and improve the memory and learning. Extracts from Roseroot are also demonstrating a potential for increased memory and improved learning.
- Siberian Ginseng or Eleuthero is discovered for enhancing the performance of athletics and stress reducing. Also, Eleuthero is increasing the energy levels, increasing the cognitive functions, and balancing the immune system.
- Echinacea – This herb was mainly used for respiratory problems by the Native Americans. Today is also used for fighting the symptoms of flu and cold. All the commercial cough syrups have the Echinacea as part of their composition, although you will get a lot more amount in the herbs than in the cough syrup.
If you want to incorporate more remedies from herbs in the medicine cabinet, these are herbs that can be found very easy. If you are suffering from stress, try Bliss™ a natural herbal remedy.